Friday, July 20, 2007

E-mail update from June 30, 2007

In health news, recent complications arising from the surgery of last August notwithstanding (more an annoyance than anything life threatening, and it's something that hopefully is readily fixable...but in the meantime it's making life uncomfortable), things are going well. I've got a CT scan scheduled for next Friday which should confirm what we already know -- the new/old treatment is working, with the tumors near the surface (which I can feel, just beneath the skin) clearly smaller. This 4 treatments in -- if I remember right, when I took the same stuff during the fall of '05 in Germany, I took about 8 before getting my extended (6 month) break with no growth. If all goes well, I may get to enjoy the fall without treatment. No expectations here, just a modest hope.

This treatment, as I probably mentioned before, is a bit easier to take than the last, too. It comes every 3 weeks, and while that first week is probably tougher than the worst days of the last treatment, I then get 2 weeks to feel like a normal human being. I suppose back in the day, I'd be complaining about feeling like crap 1 out of every 3 weeks...these days, I'm happy to enjoy feeling good 2 out of every 3. Nice what a little struggle can do for the attitude...

No comments: