Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Update, 9/25/07

Just a quick word since my transfusion: had that on Saturday, and I was feeling the positive effects almost immediately. "Go juice," as my uncle called it when he was getting 'em (also during chemo).

Z asked about talking with my docs about "rhEPO". Actually, this was the first I'd heard of the term. However, I had been getting a red cell booster (starts with an "a"...can't remember the name of it at the moment) since the Spring. We'd taken me off it for a while, but with the recent happenings, we'll put me back on it.

Before this Spring, I'd never needed any help with my blood levels. I'd never needed a break from treatments, never felt unusually fatigued. Now, I suppose with the cancer moving to my bones, it's that much tougher for my body to reproduce the cells as I need them.

All those years of giving blood...I think I've still given more than I've taken, so I feel good about that. :)

No comments: