Sunday, November 4, 2007

A modest update, 11/5/2007

It occurs to me that my last update may have sounded a bit worried. And I must admit that I find myself worried far more often these days than I have for much of my ordeal. With some reason, I suppose.

That said, it is in no wise necessary that we be so very concerned. At least, not because of the pain. The tumors that cause my pain are, at the end of the day, mostly nuisances. I don't believe them to be deadly, really, though they make life tough on the day to day. It remains the case that the tumors in my liver are of greatest concern, and these are the ones on which future treatments will primarily focus (as they have been the driving motivation for changing treatments through the summer). The good news (such as it is) is that my liver tumors remain of modest size (relatively speaking -- they are small in comparison to my abdominal tumors, and, more importantly, small in volume compared to the size of my liver). It is also true that they are treatable with modern techniques (with theraspheres, for example). So I will carry my pain so long as it is necessary, not getting worked up about it, looking forward to attacking the bad boys in the liver as soon as we are allowed.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Thanks for this post, and the prior one. See you in a couple of weeks!!