Friday, December 14, 2007

Update, 12/14/2007

Yesterday marked the second cycle on the taxol/carboplatin regimen. As much as I hate the week of a treatment, I was very much excited to be allowed to go ahead this week, after last week's delay due to low platelet count. My platelets had risen into the "normal" range (not simply into the "treatable" range)...let's hope they stay that way. In addition to receiving chemo, I got a couple of units of blood, as once again we found my red-cell count to be low. I have no good answer as to why my red-cell counts are so consistently low, other than to appeal to the beating my marrow has taken over the past year plus in treatments of all kinds. If I slip just a bit in my iron and vitamin supplements, it seems my counts can get away from me. Just gotta stay on top of all these things, I guess.

One reason I was especially eager to get back into treatment is that I could feel, seemingly, the tumors beginning to once again get away from me as well. I don't know how accurate this "feeling" is, but I felt my pain increase slightly, and overall my body simply ached more as the past week went along. At the end of the day, it's always best to stay on top of the treatment cycle, so much as possible.

A Happy Advent Season to you all!

No comments: