Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Four years ago on this date Dennis and I flew home from Washington, D.C. with the belief that Dr. Sugarbaker was correct in that Dennis' cancer was gone. It was a happy time and the people at American Airlines were most accommodating when they heard about why we had delayed our return home several times until he was released from the hospital. The cancer was gone. So we thought. I believed in miracles. I did up to the very second Dennis took his last breath. I know he is in Heaven - with Jesus - on His birthday. What a wonderful thought. But I miss him. Every Christmas he was home. Every Christmas. I am so thankful that Dennis was in our lives. I know you all miss him. I pray you all have a wonderful Christmas. God Bless us - everyone.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for that note
i miss him so very much

Renkman said...

Dennis did always look forward to coming home, especially for Christmas. I think home for him was his refuge, his place to feel safe, his place to forget about cancer, his place to reconnect with old friends, and bask in the laughter of his nephews. But most of all, home was where he could be with his family and those who loved him.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and all of the Rich family. You are all in my prayers especially this holiday season.

Anonymous said...

I am reading all of this for the first time. I would like very much to hear from the Rich family. Love David Harris

davidundannette@davidundannette.com

Unknown said...

Hi Rich family! Thinking of ya'll always, especially on Dr. D's birthday!

Unknown said...

And yes, i know i'm a day early, just don't wanna forget to post :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dennis.

Love you and miss you.

Jim

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Dennis!

I miss you very much

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Dr. D! Miss you terribly.

Hi, Rich family. Please know that you continue in my prayers. Thanks for keeping the blog going.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Dennis!!!
Miss you so very, very much!

Thinking of all of you Rich folks and sending extra prayers your way today.

love you
jenny

Anonymous said...

Dennis, Happy Birthday on this feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.

Renkman said...

Happy Birthday, Bro! I love ya, and I miss ya. My thoughts are with all those whose hearts and lives were touched by Dennis as we remember him on his Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Dr. D!
We all love you and your family so very much.
love you and miss you,
the Ratankton Family
that is the Rabig's, the Tanka's and the Patton's)
p.s. Maggie still prays for you and your family every night. :)~