Sunday, October 28, 2007

A content Sebastian


I'd never observed this behavior before, in any cat I've known. But Sebastian seems to enjoy kneading, where he'll press alternately with his paws on whatever soft surface is nearby -- usually either my lap or a small blanket. Actually, I've successfully convinced him to use the blanket rather than my lap, seeing as he's still got his claws, and his kneading of my leg was getting rather painful. It is apparently a sign that he's pretty happy with how things are. He certainly purrs quite loudly as he does it.

I've often thought I have a way with God's stupid creatures -- animals, babies, certain women (wait, did I say that out loud?). Yeah, we've become buds. I like having the little guy around. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

careful there, bro... :) It's a good thing you said "certain" women...
Believe it or not, our dear departed Candy used to knead everything in site as well... She was a very happy cat most of the time, especially whenever she was able to terrorize my friends.
Love, hugs, and prayers

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Ouch at the women comment! :)

So glad you've got such a good buddy in Sebastian. God's little creatures (and big ones, too) have always reminded me of His love and concern for us, and His creativity! Love ya, Bud.

Dennis said...

Umm...hmmm...yeah...I should be careful about what I write and what I think. :) Seriously, though, all in good fun. I would never want to suggest that the women what like me, for whatever reason, are stupid (though it might, in some cases, suggest some mental imbalance).

Anonymous said...

nah, don't be too careful, it makes for entertaining reading... especially the "comments" section! We still love you and know for a certainty that we were not one of the "certain women" alluded to in your entry.
Love ya, bro!