Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fantasy football!

I find myself growing a little tired of this segment. Maybe it's 'cause my teams didn't do so hot this week, and 'cause things are looking rough for the future. But perhaps some of you are emotionally invested in the fortunes of Monkey Knife Fight or Rodent Passion? It would be irresponsible of me to deprive you of your much needed "fix". And so...in Great Pigskin Experiment action, MKF found itself in a game it could win...only to have Santonio Holmes become a game-time scratch, leading to an 89 - 84 loss to the St. Pete Pinheads. An underwhelming performance all around. We would be optimistic heading into this weekend's action against the Space Family Robinson -- the league's worst team -- but with 1/2 of our team taking a bye, we've filled our roster with waiver wire scrubs for the week. A well-constructed team is looking like a play-off outsider barring some change in our lucky stars.

Meanwhile, RP put forth it's worst production of the year in losing to Coveropolis, 61 - 42. Our super-powered WR corps is hurting in a big way -- with Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson, and Deion Branch all nursing injuries, and Roy Williams entering his bye week, the coming week looks tough as well. Your prayers are appreciated.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Hey, if you want to trade one of your dinged up studs to me for one of my mediocre healthy receivers, you just say the word gb.

Dennis said...

I appreciate your concern. Luckily, starting 4-0 gives me a little room to absorb some tough weeks while my guys heal up. Best of luck this week!